Monday, March 19, 2012

3-18-12

Wrapping up a few loose ends on the wiring harness.  Completed the gear indicator sensor, which is just the stock part modified with additional contacts.


I was intending on using the engine controller off of the '03 car, but that controller would need to be modified in order to work on the older Yamaha engine.  That would make the controller more difficult to switch back to the '03 car if it ever gets re-assembled.  So I took the plunge and ordered a PE 3 controller for the '99 car.  Once it arrives I'll complete the harness.  The only major item stopping me from starting the engine will then be the adapter for the crank trigger wheel, I currently have that part chucked up in the lathe.

Over the weekend I built the heat shroud for the exhaust header.  The part is a little different than the original part. This will hopefully knock down some of the heat transfer into the driver's back.  That has always been a downside of the architecture of these cars.




The 3" flex tubing will connect to the smaller of the sidepod inlets.  I am currently making a mold for the part which mates the inlet shape to the tubing.