I currently have the '99 car disassembled and at Aesthetic Finishers for powder coating. Should be fun re-assembling that car.
During the last outing to Camden of the year John Custer and Skyler Street made some big improvements in the tune on the '08 car. So much so that we had a pretty major failure in the rear triploid joints. I'm using this as an opportunity to re-install the differential in the '08, goodbye spool. I've had some parts roughed out using a waterjet and plan to start machining soon. The plan is to make the diff mounting system more rigid so as to keep the diff from 'walking'.
The big news is that we have purchased the 2007 car. We have 8 Alumni who are chipping in on the purchase. I already have a decent start on the rebuild and it looks like this car will be up and running again in the summer.
Existing harness needing connector repairs and new 'used' controller thanks to Moster.
Modified f4i throttle body with 2012 restrictor.
New fuel pump
Inexpensive aftermarket fuel pressure regulator
New clutch arm, cable mount and clutch cylinder
New engine & new chain cover / shifter mount
I'll hopefully update more regularly as the progress on the 2007 car continues.








