Sunday, February 7, 2016

2-7-16

I've spent a fair amount of time over the past few weeks investigating the wiring harness of the 2007 car.  The relay box did not come with the car, I'm assuming it must have been scavenged for parts at some point.  So to recreate the relay box I needed to know function of most of the wires in the harness.  There was no documentation on the existing harness so I decided to make a new wiring diagram for the car.  Wiring diagrams are sadly not very common with these cars, so this was an opportunity for me to draw one from scratch and develop a new skill.  Here is the wiring diagram so far, about 90% complete.



Rather than create the relay box from scratch, I used a waterproof Bussmann RTMR Fuse / Relay Box that I found on eBay.  The RTMR box will be connected to the existing harness using a Deutsch HDP-20 connector similar to the original.  I fabricated an aluminum mount so the relay box can be mounted to the frame in a similar position as the original.  Below are a few pictures of the progress.