Also, I layed up a test section of the front half of the new seat. This part of the seat couldn't be molded directly off of the frame so I wasn't sure it would fit. With the test part in the frame it fit fine except for conflicts with two frame tubes near the drivers hips. So, since the frame tubes were only tacked in place and didn't need to be moved significantly, the frame tubes will be moved instead of modifying the mold. Did I mention that I hate bondo?
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
11-22-11
Another quick update. I completed the assembly of the '99 diff last night. Transferred the internals from the junk yard Audi diff to the housing that was left from the '99 car. I also machined the brake caliper to mate up with the differential mounting plate. The Wilwood caliper replaces the CNC caliper originally used on this car.
Also, I layed up a test section of the front half of the new seat. This part of the seat couldn't be molded directly off of the frame so I wasn't sure it would fit. With the test part in the frame it fit fine except for conflicts with two frame tubes near the drivers hips. So, since the frame tubes were only tacked in place and didn't need to be moved significantly, the frame tubes will be moved instead of modifying the mold. Did I mention that I hate bondo?
Also, I layed up a test section of the front half of the new seat. This part of the seat couldn't be molded directly off of the frame so I wasn't sure it would fit. With the test part in the frame it fit fine except for conflicts with two frame tubes near the drivers hips. So, since the frame tubes were only tacked in place and didn't need to be moved significantly, the frame tubes will be moved instead of modifying the mold. Did I mention that I hate bondo?



