Another project I have in the shop right now is a radiator duct for Steamy. The plug / mold is complete and ready for layup. This will be a three layer carbon fiber part with a little bit of foam core for stiffness. Since I am not making a mold off of this plug I will be using a smooth release film to give the outside of the duct a good finished surface.
Friday, November 11, 2011
11-10-11
Progress continues on the new seat for Insanity. I am currently feathering everything together with bondo, man do I hate bondo. Once all the surface prep is complete I will be doing a sample layup of the bottom portion of the seat to be certain it fits in the frame before the final part is made. Here are some pics of the progress:
Another project I have in the shop right now is a radiator duct for Steamy. The plug / mold is complete and ready for layup. This will be a three layer carbon fiber part with a little bit of foam core for stiffness. Since I am not making a mold off of this plug I will be using a smooth release film to give the outside of the duct a good finished surface.
Another project I have in the shop right now is a radiator duct for Steamy. The plug / mold is complete and ready for layup. This will be a three layer carbon fiber part with a little bit of foam core for stiffness. Since I am not making a mold off of this plug I will be using a smooth release film to give the outside of the duct a good finished surface.




