Monday, June 18, 2012

6-17-12

Jason and I took the '05 out for it's first run since we took ownership of the car.  Before heading to Camden, I spent the morning checking the set-up on the car.


At the track we had to shorten the shifter arm on the engine to get the car to shift correctly.  The shifter still has too much friction to return to center, but Jason was able to compensate for that.  The car ran fairly well, but the corded rear tires definitively limited the performance of the car.  There is also a compliance in the left rear causing some shuttering under braking.  Here is a video of Jason behind the wheel for a lap.




Also, here is a video of me chasing Jason in Blue.  Sorry for the awful camera angle.  This video proves that Blue is the faster car, but for only about 50' then I broke the rear suspension!  The pull rod mount broke off the upper a-arm just like it did on the '98 last year.  Repairs, repairs, repairs....