Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12-1-12

Back in March I built a shroud for the headers that included a duct to help push some of that heat away from the driver.  Over the weekend I completed the portion of the duct that mates to the sidepod.  Not my most glamorous work because it really ended up being a pretty complex shape, but here are some pictures of the process and the final part.



 


Currently I'm working on re-designing bell-cranks in order to accommodate new dampers.  The original bell-cranks have a motion ratio of about 0.5 (Shock / Wheel) which was necessary due to the original dampers used.  I really didn't want to be re-making bell-cranks since the originals were very nice, but in order to properly re-build this car it is necessary.  The new motion ratio will be 1.  In the front that will simply mean re-building bell-cranks.  In the rear it'll be a little more difficult since the damper and the pull-rod want to occupy the same space.  To resolve that I am borrowing a solution that UTA has used for years on the rear of their cars. This will result in re-making rear bell-cranks, but also slightly altering the mounts of the chassis. More to follow very soon, including big news on springs & dampers.