The position of the new mount works pretty well as the front of the new seat. The mold for the new seat will be made to mate up with these new tubes.
The other tubes in the cockpit area also nearly fitted. The new positions of these tubes will provide better shoulder support and will allow proper movement of your elbows within the cockpit. In the picture below the piece of red tape is the location of my elbow while in driving position. The previous tube layout was several inches higher and hindered the ability to turn the wheel. Once all of the tubes are welded in place I plan to start on the mold for the seat.
Also, I have mocked up the differential in the back of the car. We did not get a complete diff with this car, but it turns out that the we do have the main body of the diff into which I can install the guts of the complete junk yard diff I procured for this car. This will greatly reduce the amount of machine work necessary to complete this part. I have ordered the missing carrier bearing and plan to machine the missing bearing spacers in the next few days. It is pretty evident that the '99 team put a lot of machine work into this unit, it is a very nice part!





