I would like to extend an open invitation to any UC FSAE alumni out there to take part in the group. Send me an email if you are interested.
Other news. I have been making steady progress on the mold for the new seat for the '99 car. I have taken a negative off of the formula continental seat and fitted it to the mold. I am adding 1" of width, the original seat was a little too tight since it must have been designed for a British teenager. Now comes the task of blending it in with the rest of the mold.
I purchased a set of unused brake calipers off of the team and I plan to use those on the front of the '99 car. Originally we were planning on using Wilwoods, but these nice radial mount units should be an upgrade. Along with the caliper change I going to use the front rotors off of the '96 car on the '99. New brake rotor adapters are going to be required, but I think this is a better overall solution. These rotors are a better match to the calipers and it frees up one of the original rotors to replace the missing rear rotor. The Wilwood caliper purchased for mock-up will get used in the rear.




