I'm making some nice progress on my modifications to the '08 car. I re-wrapped the headers and also installed a header bag. The header bag is fashioned from some aluminum faced insulation material from Heat Shield Products. I also rerouted some water lines and brake lines away from the headers.
The original dash has been removed and the kill & start switches have been moved to the left side of the cockpit. This will give some much needed clearance for tall drivers like me. There will be a new dash panel which will carry the tach and some warning lights. I'm also using this opportunity to clean-up the wiring harness by removing the old Motec wiring, removing dead ends and recovering exposed portions of the harness. I also plan to install a new fuse/relay block, more to come on that.
The biggest modification to the car is a new and slightly revised seat to replace the existing seat which was a little beat up. I'm making a mold of the existing seat, but also lowering the drivers butt slightly to gain some cockpit space for bigger drivers. The mold will require a lot of bondo and surface prep due to the condition of the original seat and the modifications I made using painters tape. Hopefully will be making the final part in a couple weeks. I also changed the mounting of the anti-sub straps on the six-point harness.
Finally, a couple weeks ago some progress was made on the '12 car. Ian, John and I finalized the steering wheel position. We also confirmed that the '99 seat design will fit quite nicely in this car. Portions will need to be trimmed away, but it fits great in a few critical spots. The new diff mount configuration was also finalized and we will weld those in place on the next work day.





